Thursday, June 12, 2008

And the winner is...

Jean!

Game One has now been completed. It turned out to be quite a close game, but Jean came out on top. (Steve, where were you this week?!!)

The winning sentences, by the way, for this final week of Game One were:

*Twitching her tail, Demona thought pointedly that she would trade any or all of her plethora of human-bought toys for one large, live mouse with which to play.

*Is mendacity a requirement for employment in the current White House?

*There are a plethora of wonderful spiders in my house, but Annie doesn't like any of them.

Jean, you should be receiving your prize shortly...enjoy!

And please, everyone come back and join in Game Two, starting on July 7th!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jean! Way to go!!

Jean said...

Woo-hoo! As the Terminator so eloquently said, "I'll be back." And I bet Steve will be, too, starting in the first week this time around. I hope some other people join in--it's fun!

Jean said...

I just used my prize and since, after choosing the first book spending only $1 would get free shipping, I bought a second. I got two very different books. First was Making Mathematics with Needlework, on the mathematics underlying ten different needlework projects. Second was Rutka's Notebook: A Voice from the Holocaust. This was mentioned in Time recently, with Rutka cited as "the Polish Anne Frank." I'll let you guys know what I think of this one, because it seems like one Annie might be interested in.

Debi said...

Jean,
I read about that in Time, too. Thought it sounded like it would be a great read! Making Mathematics with Needlework...you sure do read some intriguing stuff!

Jean said...

Okay, it's July 7, and I'm back for more. Words, please? Pretty please? How about if I add sugar and spice and everything nice?