Friday, October 17, 2008

Game 3, Round 2 Points

O.K., it's obvious that we're going to have to change the rules, aren't we? Since you all are so talented, and so willing to risk going down in flames for the big score, it's sort of making things boring, isn't it? What fun will it be if everyone uses all 10 words in one sentence, so Annie is forced to choose every sentence? (And Rich, I apologize for handicapping you this week by asking you to write more than one sentence, but otherwise it just would have been pointless.) Anyway, we'll be sure to let you know the updated rules when we post the next list.

Now, on to this week's point winners:

Donald gamboled through life, his bibulous bonhomie contrasting sharply with his brother Steven's bellicose diablerie, a trait their mother disavowed as leading only to the gibbet, and which she not so trenchantly attributed to Steven's ill-gotten wealth rather than to her poor parenting. (Jean)

Much to my dismay, the dog was a Republican, but he disavowed the party after 7 years of George W. Bush. (Rich)

The dog dabbled in diablerie in an attempt to get the Master to cook some bacon. (Rich)

On Monday, the much maligned monkey migrated to Montgomery, Mississippi. (Rich)

Russet faced and bellicose at the memory, I, a humble fakir--a liaison of Allah--hereby bequeath to you this tale of diablerie, with all bonhomie, of that malign night whence that roly-poly rascal, my so-called brother, didst eat the last of the jelly donuts and then, to my great horror, proceeded to gambol about the room, wiping his rubicund face on my most cherished antimacassar. (Carl) I think I pulled off the melodramatic ominous part, but I'm afraid my English accent was a total failure.

This week's bonus word: russet (Carl)

As usual, great sentences everyone! Hope to see you all next week!

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Its funny that you mentioned that because I was thinking the same thing. I would have much rather done a few sentences with fewer words but I used that strategy last game and ended up losing so the temptation is to use all 10 words in one sentence and just go for it.