Monday, November 24, 2008

this week's winning sentences

The wolf pack's SOLIDARITY was evident in its well planned and executed INCURSION into Farmer Johnson's cattle pen. (Jean)

The clown was DISPIRITED, as the PARESIS of his JOWLS made it impossible to smile. (Jean)

The Republican candidate pounded the podium and PROGNOSTICATED that RECIDIVISM would rise were he not re-elected (he was wrong). (Jean)

I was certainly in a quagmire when I became overcome by paresis while climbing the crag, but the mountain climbing ecclesiastic saved me and carried me to safety. (Rich)

I became wan and despondent when I discovered that my work was moot and that my students were still idiots. (Rich)

This week's bonus word: horripilation. (no points awarded)

*Special note: Rich is being penalized 3 points for posting a sentence (which I deleted) that was wholly inappropriate for a home schooling blog.

No comments: